IFRS Interpretations Committee Update – November 2016 meeting
24 November 2016
Now available on the IASB website are summaries of the issues discussed by IFRS Interpretations Committee (IFRS IC) at their most recent meeting on 8 November 2016.
A summary of the topics discussed at the meeting are as follows:
- IAS 12 Income Taxes — Uncertainty over Income Tax Treatments;
- IFRS 9 Financial Instruments — Modification or exchange of financial liabilities that do not result in derecognition.
IFRIC agenda decisions:
- IAS 12 Income Taxes — Expected manner of recovery of intangible assets with indefinite useful lives;
- IAS 32 Financial Instruments: Presentation — Written put options over non-controlling interests to be settled by a variable number of the parent’s shares.
IFRIC tentative agenda decisions:
- IFRS 10 Consolidated Financial Statements — Investment entities and subsidiaries;
- Commodity loans;
- IAS 28 Investments in Associates and Joint Ventures — Fund manager’s assessment of significant influence (Agenda Paper 11).
- Post-implementation Review—IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement;
- Interpretations Committee work in progress update;
Please click here to be redirected to the IASB’s website to access the audio files to be uploaded in due course.
Please click here to access html and pdf versions of the 2016 IFRIC meeting updates.
- See more at: https://www.bdo.global/en-gb/news/ifrs-news/ifrs-interpretations-committee-update-–-november-2#sthash.odgbRdN7.dpuf