Green Consulting Services (GCS)
Environmental issues are threatening the growth and the stability of the manufacturing, farming, marketing, and shipping sectors, as well as countless other business sectors. To address these threats supply chain management, pollution prevention studies, and green entrepreneurship initiatives are needed to enhance the country’s economy.
On the other hand, innovative systems and new technologies are emerging to help mitigate pollution, reduce reliance on fossil fuels, and limit our overall impact on the environment, as well as create new markets, growth potential, and sustainable business.
Moreover, climate change now has become one of the most important issues across the world, and different governments are signing international agreements to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions by 80% from 1990 levels by 2050.
The current economy is facing the increasing demands of services and products that are less harmful to the environment which brings a new market technology revolution.
Based on the above mentioned, BDO is committed to:
- Continually improve our environmental performance.
- Effectively manage our significant environmental impacts.
- Meet our clients’ expectations about environmental protection.
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation as a minimum level of performance.
- Continue to raise awareness among BDO employees of environmental issues and the environmental effects of their activities.
- Communicate our business's environmental aims and objectives to all staff, as well as to customers, investors, and other external stakeholders; and
- Link the social responsibility with sustainable development.
BDO is also interested in the:
- Effectiveness of Transportation,
- Recycling of the packaging materials and used paper,
- Controlling and reducing waste to a minimum,
- Efficient use of water and energy,
- Use of biodegradable materials,
- Procedures to minimize the noise disturbance levels, and
- Actions to minimize the use of chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs).
Consequently, by applying a BDO environmental policy, all team members will be committed to environmental principles and continual improvement at the highest level in BDO business.
Green Consulting Services GCS at BDO
Based on the BDO environmental policy and market demands, as well as the urgent need to substitute the present economic activities with the green activities to achieve a green investment, it has become necessary to provide consultancy services for various projects. This would support the protection of the environment and investment stability and sustainability; therefore, BDO has established a special department that focuses on those environmental services in all its dimensions.
BDO Jordan helps Individuals and companies and communities to tackle potential risks, such as those brought on by climate change, and to overcome any obstacles to sustainability. Consequently, the Green Consulting Services department has observed links between financial issues and the environmental elements to:
- Decrease greenhouse gas emissions from business activities.
- Disclose the environmental impact of business activities and build risk mitigation plans & procedures.
- Ensure that projects submitted to donors comply with the local and international environmental standards.
- Aid to create applicable governance structures to manage risks at the managerial levels.
- Develop procedures and practices to increase the revenues for the business.
- Develop an eco-design to the start-up-projects that aims to efficiently incorporate the environmental criteria from the design stage to the client's products, services and business models.
- Introduce real, measurable, and long-term benefits related to the mitigation measures of climate change; and
- Verify and certify emission reductions resulting from mitigation activities by designated operating entities.
Therefore, GCS at BDO Jordan utilizes knowledge-based services that improve operational performance, productivity and efficiency while at the same time reducing costs, inputs, energy consumption, water consumption, and waste generation, all of which truly produce a greener energy, reduce our carbon footprint, protect the environment, achieve sustainability and achieve a quality management standard. Therefore, the Green Management Consulting Services (GCS) provided are: